Our Publications are Proven Effective and
Go Beyond Traditional Education
Phillip Roy, Inc. materials include features that have been identified as best practices. Some examples are:
- The format of the lessons is designed to increase the mastery of the content.
- The content of the lessons is meaningful to the students.
- New words and concepts are introduced in a simple and clear way and then reinforced through the lessons.
- The students are actively involved in the learning.
- Assessment and evaluation strategies are included in all lessons
- Follow-up activities are included so that concepts continue to be developed and reinforced beyond the lessons.
- Many other best practices are included in our materials. You are invited to review our materials.
Phillip Roy, Inc. believes that education needs to:
- Go beyond the traditional skills.
- Be relevant to the students’ needs and interests.
- Help the students succeed in becoming productive citizens.
- Help the students live long, successful and productive lives.
- Increase the students’ self-esteem and feelings of self-worth.
- Prepare students for school and successful school experiences.
- Prepare students to earn a living by increasing their vocational skills, entrepreneurship skills, academic skills, social skills, and life skills.
All of our materials follow
the basic principles of successful learning:
- Learning needs to be activity-based.
- Learning needs to include cooperative
- Learning is dependent on situations
that are meaningful to the student.
- Learning needs to address attitudes
- Learning needs to develop critical
- Learning is affected by developmental
- Learning is affected by evaluation
- Learning is dependent on developing
- Learning is reinforced through
- Learning needs to be promoted
without gender bias.
We publish educational programs that include: