back to previous page
Teaching Your Students How to Learn
Phillip Roy, Inc.’s curriculum materials are outcome-based.
- Our curriculum materials are developmental
and include both what learners learn and what they are able to do at
the end of the learning process.
- Our curriculum materials emphasize
high expectations of what all learners can achieve.
- Our curriculum materials all include
a learner-centered educational process.
- While all of the curriculum materials
are outcome-based they also make the process of learning as important
as what is learned.
- Our curriculum materials are activity-based
to promote problem-solving and critical thinking.
Phillip Roy, Inc.’s goal is to produce life-long learners
- Confident and independent.
- Literate, numerate, and multi-skilled.
- Compassionate, with a respect
for the environment and an ability to participate in society as critical
and active citizens.
We integrate education within and across learning areas so that learners
are provided with activities to apply knowledge and skills within and
across all areas.
We enable learners to:
- Communicate effectively using
visual, mathematical and language skills.
- Identify and solve problems by
using creative and critical thinking.
- Organize and manage activities
responsibly and effectively.
- Work effectively with others in
a team, group, organization and community.
- Collect, analyze, organize and
critically evaluate information.
- Use science and technology effectively
and critically, showing responsibility towards the environment and the
health of others.
- Understand the world is a set
of related systems.
- Reflect on and explore a variety
of strategies to learn more effectively.
- Participate as responsible citizens
in the life of local, national and global communities.
- Be culturally and aesthetically
sensitive across a range of social contexts.
- Explore education and career opportunities.
- Click here to go back to previous page
Phillip Roy, Inc.
PO Box 130
Indian Rocks Beach, FL 33785